Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing #9 blogs and feeds

I love the circle of the wise analogy from the cool cat teacher blog. And it is so true in all walks of life--people always judge you by who you hang around while in high school and it is always wise to hang around smart people because others assume you're smart, too. It's a good trick I've used in the past and now! heehee!
Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use? using global terms first then more specific ones to drill down into the listing.
Which Search tool was the easiest for you? Google search was the easiest.
Which was more confusing? Disappointed in Technorati--too many tabs and things going on. I did enjoy the video from Hans On--really like the play of words and his accent!
What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? Or what kind of unusual ones did you find? I am still looking primarily at library-related blogs but did include NPR one on education. There are tons and even more tons of blogs to read and discover using all these methods. It is way overwhelming to think someone has the time to write everything I read and others have the time to read them. I am spending quite a bit of time on my computer just doing these exercises or "things" but it is well worth the effort.
What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds? Word of mouth is still a good old fashioned method to finding blogs as well as looking at what blogs others are subscribing to from their own blogsite. I included a list of my blogs on my blog, too. I liked that feature I saw while exploring. And it was easy to add to the blog--amazing!

0 Comments: