Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thing #23 summary

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I really liked learning about flickr, google tools, and del.icio.us. I had no idea there were so many tools out there for free! Love it!
How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I am pumped beyond belief. I can't wait to get to school and try them all out. I am a bit apprehensive about my IT person and the district's stance on some of the Web2.0 features or tools.
Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I am still amazed that my brain can take it all in on top of all the other junk in it. I am also amazed at the number of librarians participating. That is wonderful because there is a small band of progressive librarians but it is getting bigger and bigger. I am renewed and inspired to make the library an active learning environment. (and hope others are, too)
What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? Some of the exercises put too much on my computer with the downloads, tags, toolbars, etc. I am going to leave most on but others I will remove. It would be great to have had this opportunity during the school year so I could have been in school to practice each "thing" as it was introduced. I hope I don't forget too much.
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?Absolutely!
How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? It is the BEST staff development I have EVER gotten! Every single "thing" can be utilized in my professional day and career as a teaching librarian.
Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs?
Been there, done that but will continue to do so... Thanks a million!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be first in line to visit/use! your "active learning environment"! Good luck!

Grendel said...

Congratulations on finishing the 23 Things! Kudos to you!

Blue Eyes blogging said...

Couldn't agree more! This was the best Prof. Dev. I have had ever received! Congratulations on finishing the 23 Things-a job well done!

Mary said...

Great job on your 23 things. Now it's time to update ;)

Have fun at midwinter!