Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thing 21 podcasts and audicity

I have used photostory lots and lots with kids of all ages. We do podcasts at school, too, to promote upcoming events, books, all sorts of goings-on. I couldn't do one from home since I don't have a microphone on hand--bummer. We have quite a few in the library so I'm ok with using them with photostory and podcasts. Audicity is another thing. I need to get up to speed with that particular program and have seen it used by other librarians I know in different districts.
I made a photostory for this "21st thing" but will add sound to it when I return to school. It is on Kate DiCamillo's The Tale of Despereaux, our One Book, One School choice for this fall. I am pleased with it so far and can't wait to add voice. I might get one of my nieces to do it for me so it is more childlike--like the book. In fact, we may both do it with the "Dear Reader"... I'm thinking...

0 Comments: