Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing #18 online productivity tools

First thing I didn't like was it took forever to download and then to extract files--maybe I didn't do something correctly. I really don't see the point of another office suite. I've used Google docs before and liked it better. Most computers come with word processing, spreadsheets, etc. so I feel like now I need to delete all those files I've put on my home computer. I don't think the school district would allow open office download.
One advantage I can see is for refurbished computers. If districts and companies are upgrading computer systems and strip the software from their old computers to donate to shelters, hospital waiting rooms, etc. I can see it being useful. I'm not sold on these tools and wish I hadn't downloaded the open office suite.

0 Comments: