Monday, June 16, 2008

Thing # 7

Thing #7 took a long time. I had no idea that Google had so much to offer. Now I wish I had made my gmail email my primary account for TLA and ALA business rather than Yahoo. Oh well.
The downside of #7 was that google desktop totally slowed down my computer and froze it several times. I then spent an hour or more deleting it as well as some other programs I no longer use. That was a good thing that needed to be done that was forced on me by google desktop. Do NOT load it onto your desktop unless you know what you're doing which I didn't and don't.
I like the Google calendar especially with sharing my dates with family and friends when planning the summer. However, unless they have an account it doesn't work. I made the calendar public but I'm not sure how someone would find it but that's what the directions said to do. Another way to use the calendar feature with a faculty is like a shared calendar on the network. But maybe just for the faculty book club members.
I also like google docs because I feel just like the video said--frustrated by the number of times a document is sent back and forth over the email. It kinda reminds me of Blackboard from a long time ago when I used it. But my memory maybe wrong.
This thing # 7 has overloaded my brain for a while so I think I'll just go read my novel for a while.

0 Comments: