Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing #12 in progress

I have noticed not too many bloggers comment back to the ones commenting. Maybe it is like someone said they respond privately through email. There was a question on Blogging 101 that wasn't answered by chilihead or Melanie so I don't get it. She is the one giving all this advice and she's not following it--what gives?
The 10 commandments of blogging is perfect for a beginner like me. I am mostly a lurker but will step out there if I have a strong opinion or can add to the conversation. As far as blogging to gain more readership I didn't know that would be a purpose of blogging. Found that interesting. My friend is the only one who has commented on my blog so I mostly write to myself which is fine since this is essentially a class like setting.
I do look at other library2play 23 things participants and have posted already. I will continue to lurk, seek, and comment when I have something worth saying.

7 Comments:

Marie said...

I am sure that there are lurkers out there reading and learning from you- and now that you are a blog expert you will probably use it at school to share great books, lessons, and your "strong" opinions. That's what I hope to do- time and sanity permitting this year. Off to the gym to hit something! Here is that collage link on flickr I thought was COOL~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepapergoose/480684353/

Erica Jean said...

I too am a lurker and consider my blog as writing to myself with just my friend (who is taking this class with me) as the only commentor to my blog. I am hoping as we become more familiar with blogging that we will become more comfortable with commenting.

Blue Eyes blogging said...

I really enjoy your thoughts and they make a definite contribution to our learning. For instance, I was exploring your blog roll, and loved The Shifted Librarian! I'll be adding that one to my reading.

Amitch said...

You are right, Paddywack! I think that bloggers should reply to every comment. It creates dialogue between the two. Yes, some do it with email but those who are lurking might think "oh, this blogger doesn't reply and so why should I post."
Okay, here is my opinion (not researched) on lurking: 90% of people lurk and the other 10% of people lie.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about being a lurker. I have perfect that myself. I seldom leave comments even if I have strong feelings about what is written. I am going to make it a goal of mine to write more. I like to get comments on what I have written so I guess it goes both ways. I like to know if someone has learned from what I have written or more importantly can teach me something! I can always learn from others. I like what you have said and it is true for me as well.

Texas Library Lady said...

You are so funny. Of all places for you to be shy. I would have thought you would step out more often...you wild and crazy girl!

I know you have great information to share. You are a wonderful resource, so go ahead and show others the great ideas you have for these different areas we are learning about.

I am currently working on Thing 12 and commenting is required, but since I don't have a lot to say on this topic, I have gone back to some of the other "things" in order to give some ideas, provide feedback, or make comments about previous posts.

You can keep lurking, but you also need to show your creative side...be the great teacher that you are! :)

VWB said...

although Blue Skunk attempts to do so (and I really try to follow a lot of his advice) I don't always comment back to commentors nor expect bloggers to comment back things I might say...I think you can find a happy medium between doing and not doing...